Walk with the Gospel Writers: Personal Journals for Spiritual Discovery
- "I love the layout and how user friendly it is. It helps with listening to God." —Rev. Colleen Dewey, St. Matthew's Anglican Church, Lapeer, MI
- "The calming, reflective nature of this Bible study journal is just what’s needed in today’s harried, over-stimulated world." —Lisa Bakewell, Writer and Editor, Joliet, IL (Read Lisa's full review here.)
Do you wish you knew what the Bible had to say about your life's situations? Do you wish it had real answers for your daily troubles? Are you tired of listening to platitudes as other people glibly quote it?
Here's your chance to discover Biblical truths for yourself. Through the simple metaphor of walking and talking with a friend, these journal provide space for you to record your own journey as you discover what the Gospel writers have to say to you.
The WALK journal series provides prompts that encourage the practice of blending attentive reading with a relaxed time for rumination, contemplation, and listening for the Spirit of God.
The arrangement is simple. Within each journal, the pages identify passages from the gospel starting at the beginning of the book and continuing sequentially through to its conclusion. But the end isn't your destination. Enjoy the journey through the text, and interact with it through all its twists and turns.
"A Brief Word" accompanies each passage. These short excerpts, usually just a verse or two, provide nuggets you can hold in your mind for thoughtful reflection. Each passage also offers a "Companion Conversation." These are supplemental readings from other parts of the Bible. They highlight particular concepts or describe related situations.
Walk with the Gospel Writers: Personal Journals for Spiritual Discovery includes individual journals for the four gospels: Walk with Matthew; Walk with Mark; Walk with Luke; and Walk with John. Each of them offers users an opportunity to go on a personal journey of spiritual discovery. As the Biblical text becomes more pertinent to your life situations, enthusiasm for spending time with God will grow.
Pier Press offers these journals in two formats:
- A handsome 7" x 10" wire-bound edition featuring a color cover, black and white interior, and premium paper for comfortable writing is available at $19.99.
- An electronic version available for $3.99 is provided as a PDF file that can be viewed onscreen or printed out.
Listen to some additional feedback Pier Press has already received:
- "The acronym WALK provides an effective way to focus one’s writing and listening. Especially valuable is the journal’s emphasis on listening for those pieces of the text that speak personally to one’s own heart and experience, to identify those and to reflect more on why those passages are speaking to one in such a particular way." —Dr. Julia E. Palmer, Associate Professor of Modern Languages, Hampden-Sydney College, VA
- "I think you have come up with a great way to expose people to God’s Word and making that exposure an enjoyable experience in the process. Well done!" —Warren Was, Pastor, Luxomni Baptist Church, Lilburn, GA
- "Pier Press has done a really nice job with this. While lectio divina has been around for centuries, this approach is quite accessible and useful to the modern reader. I recommend it as an option for Bible study." —Doug Walker, Pastor, Grace Chapel, Farmington Hills, MI
Visit the Pier Press® Bookstore to learn about other resources to help you explore God's Word and God's World.